Italian Pilgrimage Tour
Any traveller in Italy knows that time is precious with such a great wealth of heritage and beauty. This is perhaps most true for the Christian pilgrim, exploring the many great Churches, relics and museums that the country has to offer. Our standard pilgrimage programme includes the 'must-see' highlights and offers option to extend or customise the tour according to your group's requirements.
Tour highlights include:
- Vatican City and the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, the Pope's official private chapel and the Basilica of St. Peter.
- Ancient Rome and the Roman Forum, the Arch of Constantine, Trajan's Column, Palatine Hill, and the Colosseum.
- Ancient catacombs of San Sebastiano.
- Florence and key sites such as a 15th century Palazzo, the Ponte Vecchio, the famous Uffizi courtyard and the Uffizi art gallery, which holds Italy's greatest art collection.
- Pisa and the Campo dei Miracoli (the Field of Miracles) and famous Leaning Tower.
- Basilica di San Antonio in Padua.
- Venice, its gondolas, canals and Basilica di San Marco.
- Assisi, home of St Francis.
- The ruins of Pompeii.
Photographs: Main image: Basilica St Peter, Vatican City ©Fototeca ENIT; Piazza Navona, Rome ©Fototeca ENIT; Rialto Bridge, Venice ©Fototeca ENIT.