Paris and Normandy
Tour highlights include:
- Panoramic tour of Paris including La Sorbonne, Boulevard St Germain, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysées and Rue de Rivoli.
- Louvre Museum, home of the celebrated Mona Lisa and Notre Dame Cathedral, one of the greatest masterpieces of the Middle Ages.
- Typical Parisian evening entertainment, perhaps at the Moulin Rouge.
- Palace of Versailles, a stunning palace transformed by Louis XIV into the grandest royal residence in Europe.
- Les Invalids Army Museum, with exhibitions on Napoleon and World War II.
- The Eiffel Tower and spectacular views across Paris.
- World War II Normandy and the D-Day Beaches, Pegasus Bridge, Arromanche Mulberry Harbour and the US Military cemetery at St Laurent sur Mer.
- Bayeux Tapestry, the famous depiction of William the Conqueror's triumph at the Battle of Hastings in 1066.
- Mont Saint-Michel, the medieval abbey perched on an island hilltop.
- Rouen and the site where Joan of Arc was burnt alive, the memorial church in her name, the Joan of Arc Museum and the castle where she was sentenced to death.
- Monet's house and gardens at Giverny, including the famous water-lily pond.
Photographs: Main image: Arc de Triomphe, Paris ©Paris Tourist Office/Angélique Clément; the gardens at the Palace of Versailles ©Christian Miel/EPV; Omaha Beach, Normandy.