FASHION CAPITALS TOUR: LONDON & PARIS
Tour two of the fashion capitals of the world and extend your London fashion tour by crossing the Channel to Paris, the centre of all things couture and arguably the city where fashion began.
Highlights of the Paris Fashion Tour can include:
- Shop like a chic Parisian accompanied by a Paris personal shopping guide. Armed with your Paris shopping list, discover "must see" fashion destinations, designer boutiques and private sales and enjoy private appointments.
- Fashion hotspots in Paris include: Avenue Montaigne and Avenue des Champs-Elysées for legendary designers such as Chanel, Dior and Louis Vuitton; the Faubourg Saint-Honoré district, home to classic designers like Versace, Hermes and Yves Saint Laurent as well as trendy concept shops such as Colette; the elegant boutiques of the Palais Royal, for luxury perfumer Serge Lutens and upscale vintage shops, jewellery and art and the Galeries Lafayette and Printemps department stores on Boulevard Haussmann, offering top designer collections for men and women, home design and jewellery.
- The Museum of Fashion of the City of Paris, in the Palais Galiera, for fashion, couture and photographic exhibitions from the 18th Century through to the present day.
- The Fashion & Textile Museum in the Louvre Palace, showcasing over 81,000 costumes, fashion accessories and pieces of textile, as well as collections from designers including Elsa Schiaparelli, Christian Dior, Madeleine Vionnet and Paul Poiret.
- Christian Dior Museum in Granville (a day trip from Paris), in Dior's childhood home.
- Palace of Versailles, just outside Paris, the stunning home of Louis XIV and later Marie Antoinette, a tragic queen but also a great fashion innovator.
Photographs: Main image: Centre Commercial, Rue de Marseille, Paris © Paris Tourist Office/Stéphanie Rivoal; Pierre Hardy, Gallerie de Valois, Paris © Paris Tourist Office/Stéphanie Rivoal; Guerlain, Avenue des Champs-Elysées © Paris Tourist Office/Stéphanie Rivoal.