DOWNTON ABBEY TOUR
Tour highlights include:
- Possibility of an exclusive visit to Highclere Castle, the location for Downton Abbey itself. The Castle will be closed to the general public during our visit. This is subject to availability at the Castle and cannot be guaranteed as dates are limited.
- Cogges Farm, the location for Yew Tree Farm, home of Mr Drewe and where Marigold first lived. Meet people who were on set with the cast and crew of Downton Abbey.
- Bampton, which doubles as the village of Downton, to see the church, post office and Churchgate House, the Crawleys' home.
- Alnwick Castle, which appeared as Brancaster Castle in the 2014 and 2015 Christmas specials. See the new Downton Abbey exhibition, featuring photography, costumes and props from the filming.
- Key locations in London, such as Lady Rosamund's home in Belgrave Square; The Criterion where Lady Edith and Michael Gregson had dinner; The Ritz where some of the final scenes were filmed; St Pancras Station, the meeting place of Lady Edith and Michael Gregson; Lincoln's Inn Fields; the Russian Refugee church where Prince Kuragin stays and many others.
- Basildon Park, which appears as the interior of the Granthams' London residence.
- West Wycombe House, where the interior scenes of Lady Rosamund's home were filmed.
- Lacock, a pretty village used for market and village scenes and which has appeared in many other period dramas.
- Take a trip on the Bluebell Railway from the vintage station which appears as Downton's station.
- Add to the Downton experience with a trip in vintage cars which were used in the series; an afternoon tea in a luxury London hotel; a make-over in 1920's costume or a meeting with one of the cast members.
Photographs: Main image: Alnwick Castle ©VisitEngland/Newcastle; Highclere Castle; Cogges Farm.