An extraordinary journey through Scotland. Follow Claire's adventures back to the time of the turbulent Jacobite rebellions.
Tour highlights include:
- Stunning Doune Castle, the real Castle Leoch, home to the fictional MacKenzie clan.
- The Highland Folk Museum, used for the MacKenzie village.
- Culross, the location for Cranesmuir.
- Aberdour Castle, which doubles as the French castle Jamie flees to.
- The stately home which appears as the Duke of Sandringham's house.
- A vintage railway station used to represent wartime London.
- Linlithgow Palace, birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots, which appears in the scenes when Jamie is imprisoned.
- Troon, a bustling harbour town, where Claire and Jamie board a boat to France.
- Falkland, which substitutes for 1940s Inverness.
- Tulloch Ghru, which features in several key outdoor scenes as well as the opening credits.
Contact us with your group travel requirements.
Photographs: Main image: Linlithgow Palace © Crown Copyright Reproduced Courtesy of Historic Scotland; Doune Castle © Crown Copyright Reproduced Courtesy of Historic Scotland;Aberdour Castle © Crown Copyright Reproduced Courtesy of Historic Scotland .