This thrilling historical drama, a heady mix of 18th Century mining, smuggling and romance, was filmed in locations across beautiful Cornwall and the South-West.
Tour highlights include:
- Charlestown, a picturesque harbour town, which doubles for Truro in Poldark.
- Church Gove Gunwallow, the location for night-time ship wrecking scenes.
- Beautiful Porthgwarra, a traditional fishing cove.
- Bodmin Moor, the location for the exterior of Ross Poldark's cottage, Nampara, as well as several scenes featuring the cast on horseback.
- Genuine Cornish mines which appear as the mines in the series.
- The sandy beach which features as Nampara Cove.
- The engine houses on a cliff edge, which represent Nampara Valley, part of the Poldark family estate.
- Chavenage House, which doubles as Trenwith, Charles Poldark's home.
Contact us with your group travel requirements.
Photographs: Main image: Ruins at Botallack Mine, which feature in Poldark ©National Trust Images/Paul Barker; Poldark filming at Porthgwarra; inside 'Trenwith' at Chavenage House.