The Crown Tour
New to Netflix this Autumn, The Crown, a gripping saga about the British royal family, promises to be one of the most talked-about mini series this year. Our tour will combine filming locations in London and the UK with important royal hotspots and tourist attractions.
Tour highlights include:
- London filming locations including stunning Lancaster House where many scenes were filmed, Lyceum Theatre and Blythe House.
- Southwark Cathedral, where the scene of George VI’s funeral and internment in St. George’s Chapel was filmed.
- Old Royal Naval College at Greenwich, where Claire Foy and Matt Smith, who play Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, were seen filming.
- Ely Cathedral, where the wedding scene of Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip was filmed.
- Hatfield House, where Elizabeth I grew up and where she learnt she was Queen in 1558. Scenes were shot in the King James Drawing Room, the Long Gallery, the Marble Hall and Winter Dining Room.
- Loseley Park, where filming took place in the Great Hall, Dining Room, park and walled garden. Loseley was used for Broadlands, the home of Mountbatten (played by Greg Wise), as well as other locations.
- Stunning Waddesdon Manor, built in the style of a 16th century French Renaissance-style château of the Loire, which was used as a location in Series 2.
- A tour of the important royal sites in London, including Buckingham Palace, St James, Tower of London, The Mall, Horse Guard's Parade, Westminster Abbey and Windsor Castle.
Photographs: Main image: Loseley Park © Visit England/Visit Surrey ; Hatfield House; inside Southwark Cathedral.