Garden of England and Chelsea Flower Show Tour - May
Join us on a springtime tour to one of the most charming and beautiful corners of England and delight in the exceptional gardens, historic houses and castles and idyllic countryside, culminating in the ultimate celebration of all things gardening that is the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.
Tour highlights include:
- Godinton House Estate, a superb ancient estate with stunning formal gardens.
- Great Dixter House and Garden, a cottage garden on a grand scale.
- Goodnestone Park, a private garden in parkland encircling a Palladian-style mansion.
- Pashley Manor, an immaculate garden with emphasis on colour and form built around a Tudor house with 18th-century additions.
- Sissinghurst Castle, a romantic garden nurtured around a slender castle tower, surely one of the best known and most copied gardens in the world.
- Picturesque Hever Castle, a fairy-tale moated castle and garden, with lake, fountains, cascade, topiary chess set and magnificent original Roman and Italian statuary.
- Medieval Canterbury with its Gothic Cathedral and cobbled streets.
- The ancient Cinque Port of Rye, one of the prettiest medieval towns in Britain
- Georgian Royal Tunbridge Wells with its colonnaded Pantiles and array of independent boutiques antique and book shops.
- The excitement of the world-famous Chelsea Flower Show in the heart of fashionable London, showcasing magnificent floral displays, show gardens and a host of unique garden structures and artefacts.
- Wisley Garden, the home of the Royal Horticultural Society.
Photographs: Main image: Model in dress made of plants and flowers at 2013 RHS Chelsea Flower Show ©RHS/Bethany Clark; Hever Castle, Kent; Rose Garden at Sissinghurst Castle Garden ©National Trust Images/Penny Tweedie.