Our Military Tour Background
We continue our work as official tour operator of the British 6th Airborne, including the 1st Canadian Parachute Battalion. We have been the official operator since 1987.
We have worked extensively with US army veteran units including the following Infantry Divisions: 2nd, 28th, 29th, 36th, 75th, 78th, 94th, 99th & 104th; Airborne Divisions 82nd & 101st.
In 1992 Tours International was appointed the official tour operator for the 50th Anniversary of USAAF arrival in England in 1942. We carried out historical and military research into the 8th and 9th USAAF, including airfield and billeting locations.
Over 2000 people (including veterans and their families) travelled with us for the 50th Anniversary of the Normandy Landings in 1994.
For the 60th Anniversary of the Normandy Landings and Battle of the Bulge in 2004, 380 people (including veterans and their families) used our comprehensive tour service and were accommodated in hotels in France and Belgium, pre-booked three years in advance.
As part of our work with veteran groups, we organise official ceremonies, wreath-laying events and vin d'honneur with the local authorities.
Battlefields and campaigns we have researched and returned to with WWII veterans:
- USAAF airfields in England
- Normandy Landings Beaches - Operation Overlord
- Normandy Breakout and Falaise Pocket
- Liberation of Paris
- Market Garden Arnhem (a "Bridge Too Far"), Nijmegen and Eindhoven
- Hurtgen Forest
- Colmar Pocket
- Battle of the Bulge in the Belgian Ardennes
- Remagen Bridge
- Rhine Crossing and Operation Varsity
- Germany: Munich and Berchtesgarden
- Berlin and Prague
- Nazi Concentration Camps including Dachau and Auschwitz