Winston Churchill Tour
Prime Minister of Britain during the Second World War, Sir Winston's Churchill's ability as a leader and his extraordinary command of the English language enabled him to rally a nation during its darkest hour. We visit the important sites from where Churchill led the war effort and also explore his ancestry and personal life.
Tour highlights include:
- Beautiful Blenheim Palace, Churchill's birthplace and family ancestral home. See the room where he was born, the gardens where he proposed to Clementine and his burial place in Bladon churchyard.
- Ditchley Park, his weekend retreat during World War II.
- Full day tour of London to include key Churchill sites such as Parliament Square, Whitehall, St Margaret's Church where he got married, House of Commons and 10 Downing Street.
- Westminster Hall where he lay in state and St Paul's Cathedral, where his funeral took place.
- Churchill Museum to see the original Cabinet War Rooms, the underground bunker where Churchill and his Cabinet ran operations during the Blitz.
- Chartwell, his beloved home in the Kent countryside. The rooms remain much as they were in his time and showcase many of his personal mementoes, furniture and writings.
Photographs: Main image: Houses of Parliament, London ©visitlondonimages/ britainonview; Chartwell ©NTPL/Flo Smith; Blenheim Palace in snow.